Change the log on screen of Windows 7 manually or automatically
Ever wanted to change your default window log on screen background? Then here are two easy to do method to change and edit the log on screen background of window 7 easily and safely.
There are mainly two approach to perform this task Manually by replacing the default background or by using a simple free utility “background screen changer”. Lets check both the methods and you choose one according to your your interest 🙂
[box type=”note” ]Change window 7 background manually.[/box]
First of before using this method, keep in mind that you image must be in a .jpg format and should not exceed 245kb in size amd change your image name to backgroundDefault.jpg.
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\System32\oobe\Info\backgrounds and you will see the current logon background of your here, replace it with your background.
*You will need to create that path if it does not already exist on your computer.
- Now go to start->run and type regedit in it and you will have a new application poped up.
- Now in left hand side there is a list of directories, navigate to:
- Now on right hand side right click on OEMBackground and set the value data to 1.
- Now log off the computer and you will see your new logon background.
[box type=”note” ]Change window 7 background with software.[/box]
- Dowload Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7 [button color=”red” size=”small” link=”http://tweaks.com/software/tweakslogon/download/tweakslogon.zip” target=”blank” ]Download[/button]
- Just open the software and select you image it will show you a preview of your new logon screen too.
Know any other method to change the screen? then dont forgot to share with us through comment box…….
Have and problem or suggestion? Feel free to comment here and we will be happy to assist you.